Tuesday, May 4, 2010

[Replicable Practices] Conversation "Video" Sparkers!


I really like the series of videos from the Shift Happens series. I find that these series of videos are great conversation sparkers. My experience in showing them is to create a spark that ignites a really great debate. I have watched the video and come up with a series of questions that I ask before the video and then again at the end. I use them to guide the discussion, however in some classes I find that the students initiate the conversation. I normally let them be and guide only if necessary. I find that showing them at the end of the year the students can take their prior knowledge, merge it with their new knowledge and altogether have a new schema around certain topics.

1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment