Tuesday, April 27, 2010

[Replicable Practices] Create A Graph

Create A Graph
Throughout the course of the year I like having the students collect information about themselves. It can either be through self assessments or surveys or personal inventory quizzes. My reasoning behind that is that the more information the students have about themselves the more tools they have to advocate for themselves. As an extension I have the students graph their results and through a student-teacher conference I have them speak to me about their results (rather than having them write a reflection paragraph).

For the first few graphing extensions I have them use Create A Graph. We then move on to using Word or Excel to graph. To throw it back to the old school I will at times have the students use the graph paper technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment